Saturday, December 18, 2010

Early to rise, early to nap!

Well its Saturday and I was up early with Kameron. No hes not sick, he was just going to work overtime (BLESS HIS HEART!). So I decided to stay up and enjoy the awesomely quiet house! My first task was to have a warm drink. You see I ALWAYS make myself a cappuccino in the morning. Then I pretend I am my own little Starbucks and add whipped cream, but because the drink is hot I just eat a lot of whipped cream before I start slurping... When I say a lot, what I really mean is A LOT. Its ridiculous I know, but its one of my quirks!

Anyhow I decided to stop wasting money on that little container of cappuccino mix and make my own. I can do this, I have a college degree....So I bought everything I needed to make a sugar free cappuccino mix! I mixed up everything, ground the coffee, heated the water, added a tub of whipped cream (rather just reapplied multiple times), btw, because I like to be fancy I use the spray can of whipped cream, not the big ol tub.

I have to say its not bad, however I added a bit too much cinnamon and will not be doing that again! But overall, I think its a good money saving option! I can sit here in my pj's drinking it and enjoy!

So back to the story, I got up about 5:30, visited with the husband, read some friends Christmas letters. Let me remind you that if you want to be part of my daily joy of Christmas letter reading/picture ooing (not a real word) you best be getting yours into us! Laughed out loud at a couple of them, got some tears thinking I need to visit some of my friends more often because their kids are getting so super big!

Anyhow, I finally made my way downstairs to get some work done. And I do mean work, I had the day off yesterday for multiple reasons so I needed to check emails and make sure the office didn't burn down. I am talking about the real office not mine in my house (lets hope I would know about that).

So I worked for about 90 minutes, then checked my personal email, did some facebook creeping (Yes, I admit it, I am a facebook creeper, I need a rehab group), checked the bank account as we did some major spending yesterday, read Grace Bittners latest caringbridge update, said a prayer for her and now am blogging.

However I am ready for a nap. THis is how I roll, I get up early, then I want to nap. I think thats pretty simple, however, my husband and daughter do not operate that way. They like to sleep in and not nap until later. The only one who is on my side is my dog and she naps all day, everyday! Well since Kameron is working today I know that I cannot get away with napping for much longer because Kynlee is going to decide that she is ready to conquer the day (9 month old style!).

So if I want her to wake up all I need to do is get comfy on the couch, get ready to watch a full house rerun, with my eyes closed and she will be yelling for me to come get her (luckily we are not at the point of crawling of the crib yet).

Well, i think I will go finish unloading the van (we only brought in fridge stuff....it was a long day and we got home pretty late) and soon enough I will have a baby who needs some lovin singing from her crib!

Not that I mind, we will have a good day together folding clothes (where is my mom and sister Emy when I need them!) and hopefully putting them away. If you know me, you know that i cannot stand putting laundry away. I should just have a dresser of laundry baskets.....

So here I am wishing you a WONDERFUL Saturday! I am sure many of you are out shopping for last minute gifts or just starting your shopping. Pretty sure I would like to stay 100 miles (actually 71) miles away from a walmart or mall today.....bunch of crazies out if you ask me! :)

I will stay home with Kynlee maybe venture out to Bronson's (our grocery store), Beulah Drug, Do-it Best Hardware, or Pamida (thats how we roll here in the big city) to get a few things, by doing this I am just putting of the laundry duty further! :) Then I will get supper ready for the overtime working husby and get ready to beat him in Yatzee! (our latest craze!) :)

Have a good day, I might sneak in one more serving of whipped cream with a side of cappuccino this am, just to make sure I mixed it alright and then begin my day! :)

Thank you for reading.......

2 comments:

  1. Okay - can you share the cappuccino recipe?? Sounds like something I could try & I'm with you on the whipped cream...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back to blogging! Thanks for entertaining me! <3

    ReplyDelete