Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy February! 11 favorites! :)

Okay so I am a day late on wishing you Happy New Month! I LOVE this month for a few reasons! :) Actually 11 (go figure!)

1. Its the shortest month of the year! Which means spring is coming!

2. My great grandmas birthday is February 5, she will be 97 years young and is a CONSTANT inspiration to me on how to overcome lifes lemons. Also to be a constant prayer warrior when there isn't much help that you can give. She does rock, I love her for so many million reasons! :)

3. GROUNDHOG DAY! NOt only do I love the movie, I also just love this little holiday! I don't do anything special. (however if I was teaching I am sure I would!) But I have always looked forward to today...no reason, just because! :)

4. Our Anniversary! Kameron & I will be married for a whopping 4 years on February 10! At times it seems like such a small number other times it seems like I dont remember being without him. He is my rock, my best friend, my soul mate and I couldn't get through a day without him.

5. Leap day, okay not this year, but I love LEAP DAY! :) I always do something special for one person on that day. It only happens every 4 years, make it important! :)

6. Valentines Day! I havent always loved V-day, as sometimes it is a hallmark holiday (okay it ALWAYS is!) And we know I LOVE hallmark! :) Before I was married, I wore a shirt that said, LOVE SUCKS! on valentines day, every year! But I have taken a good attitude lately. Also my mom always makes it a special day for us year after year!

7. I look where I was last February and it was a VERY special month! Our lives were about to change, we spent our last month as "just the two of us". We won't have that empty nest again until our kiddos go to college.....WOW thats a long and expensive way down the road.

8. This February marks one year since I was baptized. Emy and I were water baptized last Feb 13. I never had been and knew it was the right time. I don't know why I waited so long, but I am SOOOOO happy I was able to share that special moment with Emy.

9. I look back 5 years ago and think of how much February changed my life. It was when I became pregnant with Peanut. Hard to believe 5 years have passed. It doesn't even seem real...THat was a life changing month for me!

10. President's day-I feel the need to honor our founding fathers! :) I always loved getting school off, I think we should get every presidents birthday off! :) LOL!

11. And this February is different, I spent most of yesterday in tears, happy and sad. I told work that I will be staying home with Kynlee full time at the end of the month.  I enjoy my job, but we know its best for me to be home with Kynlee. Beulah has an awesome SAHM community and I look forward to more time with them! :) Thank you everyone who helped us with this tough decision! :)

Well thats it for today. What do you LOVE about February?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment