Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring.....WHERE ARE YOU!!!!

Hello all! Good morning, as I am typing this morning the big bad wolf is outside trying to blow our house down. Okay well I never confirmed that its a wolf out there, but it sure is HOWLING! :)

I am REALLY looking forward to Spring!!! I decided today's post would be about the 11 reasons why spring is my favorite season....'

1. WINDOWS DOWN! I love this feeling, if i had a convertible it would be TOP DOWN! However, i am a practical lady and we drive a mini-van! :)

2. GREEN! I love green things, green grass, green flowers, green money....you get the idea! I love the sign of the new blooms and giving me hope that winter is NOT the only season ND has! :)

3. GRILLING! Now we could grill in the winter, but our grill in still in Linton. Note to Kameron (although he never reads this...) GET THE GRILL!!!! This lady needs some steaks and I am not talking about from the crock pot! :) Now that we actually live together, I am really looking forward to grilling almost every night!

4. WALKS! Oh how I miss my morning walks with Sadie. Last year I took a break from walking all together, I had a baby it was cute to still have the baby weight. NOT SO CUTE ANYMORE! :) I am looking forward to walking in the early am (before Kameron goes to work) with Sadie, our dog, and then during the day pushing Kynlee is the stroller and even walking as a family at night. HELLO FRESH AIR I NEED YOU!!! I know I can walk on the treadmill, however there is just something about being outside!

5. FRUIT! Yes the grocery store has fruit now, but the oranges are a little yellow and the bananas are a little green.....I am ready for some fresh fruit, not to mention the great prices that go along with not having it shipped here from Brazil! :)

6. PUDDLES! I love to splash in puddles, well not really splash as I don't like to get dirty, so I like to drive through them! :) That will work for me!

7. DRIVES! This goes along with puddle splashing! :) We always go for a Sunday drive (we call it our booze cruise, however NO DRINKING ever takes place, its just something we say!) :) And there is just something about going for a drive on a Sunday when its nice out, no heat, no air conditioner, just us and the open road! Oh and Kynlee and Sadie! :)

8. SCHOOLS OUT! Now I love the song...SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER! (Most of you are singing it right now!) But really school gets out in Spring! Its not summer until June so technically the song should be SCHOOLS OUT FOR SPRING, no never mind leave it alone! :) NO MORE PENCILS.... (got you singing again!) I just love the feeling of kids riding bike, running around... good times!

9. NO COATS! I hate coats, actually I detest them. The more layers I have to wear the more I look like the Michelin man (not an attractive sight!) and with all this baby weight (yes shes almost a year) still on me I don't need to add any more cushion! :) Plus getting Kynlee to put on a coat, hat, boots, gloves, scarf....is a chore and by the time I have the last thing on, she has the first thing off! :)

10. NO NORTH DAKOTA ROAD REPORT! I refuse to check the road report when its spring. Yes I know we will probably get a few more "big" blasts of winter just letting us know hes still there (until July most likely) however, I enjoy knowing that if it snows its melting shortly. I don't like saying, "well we might come visit, IF THE WEATHER IS NICE!" In spring, for the most part you don't have to do say that EVER! :)

11. Last but not least (and some of you thought I forgot....) FLIP FLOPS, let me say it again.... FLIP FLOPS!!!!!!!! Live it, love it! :) I will sleep in my flip flops here in a couple weeks (okay thats a bit much, but I do LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them!)  I know they are super bad for your feet, but you know what...I DONT CARE! My toes have not seen daylight in like 10 months (not quite that long) and I am ready to paint my toenails and get out there! :)

Okay thats my 11 for today! :) Enjoy your Thursday! Feel free to let me know the reasons you love Spring (and it doesn't have to be 11!)

Until the next time, be nice to others! :)

And thanks for reading! :)

Cass :)

1 comment:

  1. For me, it is also windows. But, it is more of having the windows open in the house and seeing the curtains blow in the breeze! :)

    I also like spring cleaning and the feeling of starting over again. :)

    Loved your eleven!

    ReplyDelete