Monday, March 7, 2011

Just another manic Monday (March Top 11)

Good morning, now that I have you all singing the Bangles! :)

Thought I would do a quick post this am before my new boss wakes up and starts demanding breakfast! :) She is still snoozing which is WONDERFUL! :) I really enjoy my time in the am, I get up at 5 with Kam, eat breakfast with him, read the paper and facebook a little! :) Then she wakes and our day gets busy!

As you all know, she is now 1. Someone forgot to tell me that we now have a toddler and no longer a baby. What the heck! She is a busy kid, I know all kids are busy but she has (unfortunately) her mothers busy-body-ness (not a real word!) :) So she pretty much goes NONSTOP all day long!

We had a great party and I need to get some pictures up soon. I promise I will! Anyhow I thought I would stay on the theme of my lists....so here is my Top 11 list of what I am looking forward to in March (yes, I know it is the 7th today, get over it!)

1. SPRING!!!! On March 20 we start Spring, I understand that here in the Tundra (aka ND) we will probably still have snow, but I know there is hope on the horizon! I will probably start wearing capris and flip flops in a couple weeks, even if its still cold. I am strange that way. I have learned however not to pack away my winter coat, that only means MORE snow is coming, I am a curse that way! :)

2. KYNLEE TURING 1! As you know this happened last week! I cannot believe she did turn 1! Where did the time go, she is such a lovey girl and I cannot wait for her to change every day! :)

3. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! Well I know you Arizonians have no clue what I am talking about, but the rest of the country will turn our clocks ahead this weekend, which means more daylight. Its a strange thing, but it works! Not that I am looking forward to missing an hour of precious sleep, I do enjoy sunshine! :)

4. GRANDMA JANICE'S BIRTHDAY! My grandma will be 86 years beautiful this month! She is honestly one of my bestest friends not to mention one of my favorite people ever! :) She has lived her life to the fullest and doesn't stress about petty things and quit caring what others thought years ago! :) Even though she likes cats, I still love her! :)

5. ST PATRICK'S DAY! I am not Irish, I am Norwegian and Icelandic. However I love this "green" holiday! I have enjoyed some WONDERFUL Irish celebrations! (Insert Butte and Deadwood trips here!) I think its just fun! You know me, any reason to celebrate! :)

6. STAYING AT HOME! I have been looking forward to this month because it meant I could stay home with Kynlee full time. Last week was my first week and I thought I would have the whole house reorganized by Tuesday. That did not happen! I guess baby steps! :) I did reorganize some of the kitchen, so I can put that feather in my hat!

7. EASTER! I know Easter is not this month, it is in April this year. Although some months it is in March (who can keep track anymore!) I love Easter, it means celebrating new life, the Resurrection, and signs of green grass! Tomorrow is fat Tuesday! Then Ash Wednesday on (get this...) WEDNESDAY! :)

8. ASHUR! Oh my! I cannot believe Ashur Lee Knetzger is going to be 5 years old! That is crazy! I remember when Annie told me she & Cody were expecting. We were at Jamie & Miranda's wedding! Then I had just found out I was expecting peanut and a few weeks later, Annie Mae had Ashur. I cried like a baby! Probably some pregnancy (and crazy life) hormones but I LOVED knowing I had a nephew! I remember going to visit and he was just a little buddy! He is now a wild man who is obsessed with Thomas or Buzz! He is a joy and has such a sweet spirit! I love spending time with him! :) Next time I see him I think I will give him a "side of cupcake!" :)

9. CHARLIE SHEEN! I am ready for Charlie Sheen's celebrity NONSENSE needs to be over! Oh my goodness, what is this nonsense. I know he will fade quickly, they all do. Some other nut job will go public with something and he will fade away. Amen to that! :)

10. SPRING CLEANING! I LOVE spring cleaning. I know, I am strange. However, it just makes me feel wonderful. I love the fresh lemon smell that fills the house and how I can breathe the fresh air as I wipe down walls! :) Because you have to have the windows open during this time! :)

11. ROBIN! We always had a challenge when we were growing up for who could spot the first robin of spring! It was so fun, most of the time it was my mom, she has a keen eye for the red breasted robin hopping around looking for food! I know when the robin has arrived, so has spring. I look forward to continuing the tradition and spotting the first one with Kynlee! :)

Enjoy your week! Even if it looks like the middle of winter outside your window! :)

Thank you for reading.....

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment