Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kiss me I am Irish!

Okay so the truth be told....I am not Irish....not at all. Not one ounce, I didn't even marry Irish. However, today, I will still wear a little green and a leprechaun pin or something...I am festive that way (I blame it on the teacher in me!) I didn't do much decorating for this lovely day, normally I have some stuff out, however, I seem to be missing that box of stuff, along with some of my shoes....Have I mentioned before, I HATE MOVING! :)


Next year after I find that box (and a few others!) I will decorate and play that leprechaun game with Kynlee, where while we are sleeping or away he comes in and messes up stuff and we set traps to try to catch him and stuff like that! However this year, there is minimal decorating and the only candy in our house is Cadburys (you KNOW I am addicted!).


I decided since I have been on this list kick! That I would do one today for the holiday. I am naming it, 11 reasons why I am lucky. Before anyone starts lecturing...I know I am blessed and not lucky, all good things come from above! :) However, since today is St. Paddy's day...I am calling it "lucky"!


11 reason why I am so lucky (blessed) this St. Patrick's Day! :)


1. Kynlee. Enough said, I can't even begin to tell you how absolutely awesome she is. We are currently learning, right from wrong...I really don't like scolding her, however sometimes I have to. Today I caught her pinching my leg and IT HURT! So I told her she couldn't do that and she cried. Breaks my heart....however, I know it has to be done. She is a true blessing and a we are "lucky" to have her!


2. Kameron. He rocks. I honestly thought I would be married with a dozen (not really) rug rats by the time I was 23. So when I wasn't married at 27 when we started dating, I really thought it would never happen. However here we are. Just over 4 years into this and not to sound sappy but it just gets better. I am very "lucky" to be married to my best friend.


3. Parents. I have been very blessed in the parent department. VERY blessed. I mean really who gets to be loved two moms and two dads in their lifetime. My life circumstances were not the best but I have been very "lucky" to have each of them as part of my life. Although my birth mom isn't here on earth anymore, I know she is smiling down from heaven everyday.


4. Grandparents. I cannot tell you how "lucky" I am to have such wonderful grandparents. All of the grandparents that were alive when I was born were all at my high school graduation, all 6 of them AND my great grandma too. It really meant a lot. Shortly after that within a few short years I lost 3 of my grandparents and then just over 4 years ago another grandpa and my great grandparents, George and Blanche. Now I have 2 grandmas and one great grandma alive. They are such amazing women and if I turn out to be a 1/4 as awesome as them, I will be honored!


5. Home. It seems normal to have a home almost like an everyday occurrence. However, I know all over the world people do not have homes. Even in North Dakota people do not have places to live. I am "lucky" enough to have a wonderful home to share with my family with room for people to come stay! We have heat, lights, water and even though I keep the heat real low (I am a warm person and cheap!) we still have a wonderful place to raise our daughter in! :)


6. Friends. I am not shy at saying I have a lot of friends, its true I do. Each one is very special to me in their own way. Men, women, children....even peoples pets, pretty sure I have loved them all. I know that because I have this larger than average group of people in my life, I sometimes get stretched to the limits and fall behind on keeping in touch with everyone, but I am "lucky" to have people around me who understand have a LOT of patience.... Thank you! :) Not only for your patience, but for your love and support on some of my darkest days.


7. North Dakota. I know, I complain about the weather here like everyone else. However, this state rocks. Low unemployment, low crime rate, friendly people, all four seasons (love them or hate them!), and lots to see and do. This state is full of "lucky" things and people.


8. Sadie. Many times I complain about our precious dog, but she really is my pumpkin. She is a snuggler and although she has a few (okay sometimes more....) annoying habits, she is absolutely wonderful. We are "lucky" to have her as part of our family.


9. In-Laws. Not only was I blessed with a wonderful husband, I was blessed with his parents also. I am "lucky" to have Jim & Rusty as part of our lives and family tree. They bend over backwards for us time and time again. Not everyone has been this lucky to get in laws like mine!


10. Food. Once again, when you look at the world's economy, you see that many people are not able to put food on their families tables. Although, now that I am staying home we can't be a "free" about our money, but we are still able to have a hot meal on the table every night. We are "lucky" to be able to feed our family, Sadie included! :)


11. MOPS. This organization has introduced me to a WONDERFUL group of women from all walks of life. I am very "lucky" to be part of them. I always leave each gathering a better person. It is an international group so if you aren't aware of one in your community, create one or find one somewhere close. You will not be disappointed! :)


Well that's my Irish list of "luckies" for today! Its not often you get that from an Icelandic/Norwegian girl! :) Enjoy your day and think of the ways you are "lucky"! :)


Enjoy your blessings today and always,


Cassie


PS Thanks for reading...you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment