Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love and Marriage!

Well today is a big event for us....its our second anniversary. Can you believe it?!?!?! Not that being married 2 years deserves a medal or anything...because really its not that long, BUT i feel special considering that 50% of the marriages end in divorce. So yes I am proud of us.

I was thinking back to where I have come from as far as love with the male gender. I dont know if you can call it love, but in preschool and kindergarten I was OBSESSED with Austin Spain. I mean borderline stalkerish, as much as a 4-5 year old can be. My heart was broken when he and his family moved, our love would not be going forward.

Which as I look back to all my former "loves" and there have been a few crushes, we wont name them all cuz who knows who is reading this.......I am happy that none of them worked out, cue music, enter Garth Brooks singing unanaswered prayers.....cheesy I know, but it makes sense right! :)

Now Kameron and I dont have a typical marriage, technically we dont even live in the same town. Which is okay for now, we make it work. Do we struggle with it? yes but we make it work. We also didnt have a typical dating relationship. Did we struggle with it? yes but we made it work. Its one of those things, never give up, always tell the other what is going on in your heart and head. I dont know how much Kameron likes this part of our marriage, but he works with it. He talks a lot more to me about stuff then he ever did when we dated.

They say happiness is being married to your best friend, i used to think my mom was a nut for saying this, but really kameron is my best friend. I have a lot of friends, i wont deny that, and i have a lot of best friends, i wont deny that either. Obviously my best friend relationship with Kameron is a LITTLE different than it is with Sarah, Kelly, Heather, Tanya, Tiff, Leslie, Lacey, Tami, Nicole, Lynae, Crystal, Heidi for example.... :) All best friends, just in a different element.

Considering Kam and I dont get to see eachother every day we do talk on the phone about 8-10 times a day. I feel so sad if i miss one of his calls, because i know he cant call me whenever he wants, well technically he can, but...you get the point.

Really i didnt realize how easy this marriage thing would be. its really not that hard, are there days i grit my teeth?!?!?!? yes and there are days I am sure kameron goes to the shop to not hear me gripe at him, but all marriages have these times and thats okay! But really we made a promise a while back that there are NO secrets in our marriage. NONE, not one. So I feel that works out good.

I would be lost without my husband, its funny how this short amount of time with someone brings out that dependance in you.

Alright I better get to work....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the best husband ever. 2 years and counting. I love you with all of my heart and you truly make me smile each and every day.

Alright enuf mushy stuff for the rest of you, have a wonderful day! :)

4 comments:

  1. You're so sweet Cass! You two are really lucky to have each other! I remember when it all began and actually remember meeting Kameron for the first time at the condo!! So crazy! Congrats on two years ...as small as it sounds, it really is a huge accomplishment! Love ya lots ~ have a good day!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
    Is is so nice to hear you say you married your best friend. I know Paul is my best friend and as you said, you have a lot of good friends, but no one can take the place of your best friend. So many people are not married to their "best friend". So, heres to many more happy anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had the best husband ever! I am so proud and happy for you two and hope you had a nice day! LYL Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. I pray you have safe travel tomorrow, and a safe return. I will babysit your crock pot while you are gone, and can't wait to hear of your adventers.

    ReplyDelete